Register today and join us for Chicago’s largest day of service!
At the Annual Chicago Cares Serve-a-thon, more than 6,000 volunteers come together to transform Chicago Public Schools and improve learning environments for over 18,000 local students.
Serve-a-thon is for everyone! Teams of corporate volunteers, church groups, alumni clubs, families, kickball teams and groups of friends unite to create change for our city’s students.
Serve-a-thon is also the largest fundraiser for Chicago Cares. Money raised through corporate sponsorship and individual donations make it possible for us to create, manage and lead more than 200 volunteer projects each month.
Serve-a-thon volunteers meet real needs in our city’s schools as they:
- add vibrant colors to classrooms, hallways and stairwells with fresh coats of paint and inspirational murals
- organize libraries to provide environments conducive to learning
- host field days, providing students with a safe and active summer experience
- construct much-needed storage and seating solutions for students and teachers
- paint bright, colorful line games on playgrounds to encourage activity
- plant flowers and create landscapes to beautify the schools
- add vibrant coats of paint to dull classrooms
Every Monday we’ll be sharing stories from our Serve-a-thon sites, tips for fundraising & recruitment and the latest information about how you can make a real impact on the lives of over 18,000 Chicago Public School students.
We’ve got a lot planned for this year, including new sites and project models, so you definitely don’t want to miss a single minute! Make sure you Follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook to ensure that you are always in-the-know.
So mark your calendar, call your friends and REGISTER NOW!
Scenes from the 18th Annual Serve-a-thon: