Chicago Cares’ Serve-a-thon is just 43 days away and, this year, we’re working to recruit 5,000 volunteers to help transform the city’s neighborhoods through volunteer projects. Here are the top five reasons to sign up today:
- Chicago Cares’ Serve-a-thon is the largest single day of service in Chicago. What a powerful experience to come together with so many people to make an immediate and direct impact on the city.
- This is a significant opportunity for you to make a statement. What better way to show your commitment to making Chicago stronger than by taking action?
- Your participation not only supports Chicago on June 15, but also year-round. Chicago Cares is the city’s leading service organization and funds raised from Serve-a-thon support more than 250 monthly group service projects Chicago Cares facilitates addressing a range of Chicago’s most critical issues. When you register, sign up for the 20th Anniversary Challenge as well!
- There’s a big party! Following our day of service, we’ll gather on Daley Plaza for a celebration featuring food, drinks, and live music.
- Chicago needs us more than ever. Many of the city’s neighborhoods have been challenged by violence. While a variety of things need to be done to solve these issues, volunteer service is central to the answer. Serve-a-thon is a jumping off point for Chicago Cares’ expanded youth programming throughout the summer and beyond.
Together, let’s be the solution! Register today.
Jessica Krueger is the manager of Annual Events for Chicago Cares.