Serve-a-thon is a day of teamwork, fun, and celebration. It’s also a day of tremendous impact. You will give your time and talent for one day, but your contributions will live on …
- In the halls and classrooms of schools, where students will be reminded daily that people believe in them.
- In the seniors with whom you interact, who will fondly remember sharing stories and memories.
- In the public parks, which will be transformed into more fitting spaces for neighbors to gather.
Read below to see how community partners describe the impact that Serve-a-thon will make on their organizations and communities. And remember to share stories tomorrow @ChicagoCares using #MyChi.
See you tomorrow!
Chicago Cares Executive Director
“Chicago Cares volunteers help ‘model the way’ for our 840 students. They show our kids what it means to truly serve and do it with humbleness. Their work will have a lasting impression and impact on our community, because they help to create a beautiful place where learning is highlighted and students know people beyond our school care about them too.”
– Principal, Brighton Park neighborhood
“By working to maintain and improve the utility of our park, Chicago Cares is helping a very small group of neighborhood volunteers keep the park clean, safe, and inviting for all to enjoy.”
– Park Advisory Council member, West Town neighborhood
“It’s a challenge for school budgets to support projects like this so we are extremely appreciative that the volunteers are making an investment that will last for years.”
– Principal, Hermosa neighborhood
“The work done to clean up and improve our building and property will allow our residents to enjoy our outside areas during Chicago’s beautiful summer.”
– Supportive Living Community Director of Activities, Budlong Woods neighborhood
“Chicago Cares’ Serve-a-thon is going to further inspire students, staff and parents to dream bigger, reach higher, work harder and reach their academic and social goals!”
– Assistant Principal, South Chicago neighborhood