This June 27, 5,000 volunteers will come together to give back to the city that has given so much to us at Chicago Cares’ 22nd annual Serve-a-thon. But we know amazing Chicagoans are making an impact all year round, from volunteering in our ongoing programs, to helping their neighbors clean up the yard.
That’s where you come in! As we gear up for Serve-a-thon, we want to hear your stories about what #ImImpact means to you. So we’re inviting you to share your stories with us on Twitter or Instagram with #ImImpact between May 8 and May 17 to be entered for a chance to win a prize, including:
- One free month of yoga at CorePower Yoga
- A Full Day Kayak Rental for Two from Kayak Chicago
- Cooking Classes for 2 at Whole Foods Market
Has participating in one of Chicago Cares’ ongoing volunteer programs connected you with a new friend or your leadership potential? #ImImpact
Did you donate to a favorite charity in support of a friend? #ImImpact
Have you seen how a little good deed like shoveling a sidewalk or buying someone coffee made their day better? #ImImpact
Those are just some examples of the #ImImpact stories we want to hear! Share with us what other times you‘ve made an impact, or brag about a great friend or coworker. In addition to winning an awesome prize, the winners will get the chance to write their #ImImpact stories here, on the Chicago Cares Blog!
The Chicago Cares #ImImpact Serve-a-thon Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY. DO NOT PROCEED IN THIS SITE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES.
- Eligibility: The Chicago Cares #ImImpact Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Chicago Cares, Inc. as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Chicago Cares, 2 North Riverside Plaza, Suite 2200, Chicago, Illinois 60606
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on Friday, May 8, 2015 at 9:00 AM CST through Monday, May 17, 2015 at 5:00 PM CST. (the “Entry Period”).
- How to Enter: Participants in the sweepstakes from Friday, May 8, 2015 at 9:00 AM CST through Monday, May 17, 2015 at 5:00 PM CST will be exposed to the sweepstakes directions on multiple occasions via the @ChicagoCares Twitter handle. To enter, participants must tweet or Instagram a photo or a statement about their “I’m Impact” volunteer or philanthropic experience with the #ImImpact hashtag. Participants are also required to follow @ChicagoCares on the platform they are entering on (Twitter or Instagram). If you do not have a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com and log in or create a Twitter account. Creating a Twitter account is free. Limit: If you post updates to or receive updates from www.twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless-service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans. All terms and conditions of www.twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter or Instagram account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Prize Drawing: Prize Drawing: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. On or around May 18, 2015 Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select three (3) potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received. Eligible entrant is a person who follows ChicagoCares and tweets or posts a statement about their volunteer or philanthropic experience using the #ImImpact hashtag within the Entry Period. Potential winners will be notified via the ChicagoCares Twitter or Instagram handle, requesting them to direct message their contact information within 48 hours of ChicagoCares announcing the winner. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- Prizes: 1. Voucher for Whole Foods Cooking Class for Two People. The Approximate Retail Value of this prize is $60 but subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the consumer marketplace. 2. Voucher for Day of Kayaking for Two People at Kayak Chicago. The Approximate Retail Value of this prize is $160 but subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the consumer marketplace. 3. Voucher for One Free Month of Unlimited Yoga at Core Power Yoga. The Approximate Retail Value of this prize is $190 but subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the consumer marketplace. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Chicago Cares’ and their agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- Release: By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Chicago Cares, Inc. and respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or useor misuse of any prize.
- General Conditions:Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that the Entry Period has not ended. If the Sweepstakes is canceled, suspended or modified, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- Winners List/Official Rules:For a Winners List and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to The “Chicago Cares Social Media Sweepstakes”, c/o Alex Baird, 2 N. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2200, Chicago, IL 60606. Winner List requests must be received by 6/15/2015. VT residents may exclude return postage for Official Rules.