We’re just one month away from the 22nd annual Serve-a-thon on June 27! We’re super excited about the event already and hope you are too.
If you haven’t signed up to volunteer, register now. Amazing volunteers like you make Serve-a-thon the awesome, city-transforming day it is.
Once you sign up, you can also join the $100 Fundraising Challenge. Every Serve-a-thon participant who raises at least $100 is automatically entered for a chance to win a prize!
Prizes include gifts from local Chicago businesses:
- East Bank Club
- Gene Siskel Film Center
- Indian Garden
- Kincade’s Bar & Grill
- Koval Distillery
The top fundraisers will also get entered into a special drawing and will be announced on stage at Serve-a-thon.
Visit our Resources page to find email templates to send to friends and family, social media guides, and other tools to help get your recruiting and fundraising off to a great start. Check out the page when you’re logged in on the Serve-a-thon Donor Drive website.
The money we raise for Serve-a-thon helps cover the cost of putting on the big day; we buy everything from paint brushes to flowers to turkey (and veggie!) sandwiches to make it easy for everyone to volunteer, and look good doing it. It also empowers us to offer thousands of meaningful volunteer projects every year, changing the city for good.
- $15 provides one flat of flowers that will be planted at a Chicago park, garden or school, creating a beautiful space for neighbors to convene.
- $25 provides one gallon of paint to help transform a school classroom, creating a more engaging learning environment.
- $50 funds one person’s participation at Serve-a-thon, empowering them to serve the community in a meaningful way.
- $75 provides the materials for a mural that volunteers and students will co-create for a Chicago Public School.
- $100 provides the materials to build a bench that community residents can enjoy for years to come at a park or garden.