Only 1 week left until Serve-a-thon! On June 27, thousands of volunteers will get together and roll up their sleeves in every corner of Chicago, transforming the city. If you’ve registered, we know you’ll want to be in tip top shape, so here are some tips on how to warm up for the big day! If you can’t join us, we’d still love your support.
1. Get to know more about Serve-a-thon. You can now check out the morning and afternoon plaza maps, and we encourage you to browse our event program for an overview of the day. Plus, our project map will give you a feel for all of the territory we’ll collectively cover on June 27.
2. Sign up for a Chicago Cares volunteer project. We offer more than 200 monthly volunteer opportunities spanning a range of issue areas. Sign up for some today! If this is your first time volunteering in our ongoing programs, you’ll be prompted to create an account (different from your Serve-a-thon account).
3. Fundraise. Funds raised for Serve-a-thon not only allow us to make the big day happen, but also empower Chicago Cares to engage tens of thousands of volunteers year round in meaningful projects throughout the city. Soliciting donations is easy on the Serve-a-thon site! When you’re logged in, explore the top bar for sample emails and much more. Did we mention that volunteers who raise $100 or more are automatically entered in a raffle to win sweet prizes?
4. Build the buzz. As a Serve-a-thon volunteer, we know you’re kind of a big deal. So brag a little about your participation on social media. Tag us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @ChicagoCares and use #ImImpact for all your posts!
5. Go to spin class. Or yoga. Or take a walk (if you can beat the rain). Warm up those muscles and get excited!
And keep your eyes peeled for an email from us a couple days before Serve-a-thon with final details. We look forward to seeing you on June 27!