We’re just a little over a month away from Chicago Cares’ Serve-a-thon on June 25th! We are so excited about the event, especially because this year is Chicago Cares’ 25th Anniversary.
If you haven’t signed up to participate in Serve-a-thon, there’s still time! You can register here to be a part of a city-transforming day, but hurry – registration closes June 16th, or when the event reaches capacity
Once you have signed up, you can join the $250 Fundraising Challenge! Every Serve-a-thon participant who raises at least $250 will automatically be entered for a chance to win a prize.
Prizes include gifts from local Chicago businesses:
…and many more awesome prizes including:
- Complimentary bowling at Lucky Strike
- Massages and Yoga at Yoga Now
- Cubs Tickets, Bulls Tickets, White Sox Tickets, and the Sky Tickets
- Free pair of jeans and Denim Party at The Denim Lounge
- Gift certificate to Half Acre Beer Co.
- Gift certificates to The Redhead Piano Bar
- Tickets to a performance at the Northlight Theatre
- Class cards to The Ruth Page Center for the Arts
- Gift certificate for Otterbox
The top fundraisers will also get entered into a special drawing and will be announced on stage at Serve-a-thon.
Visit our Resources page to find email templates to send to friends and family, social media guides, and other tools to help get your recruiting and fundraising off to a great start. Check out the page when you’re logged in on the Serve-a-thon website.
The money we raise for Serve-a-thon helps cover the cost of putting on the big day; we buy everything from paint brushes to flowers to turkey (and veggie!) sandwiches to make it easy for everyone to volunteer, and look good doing it. It also empowers us to offer thousands of meaningful volunteer projects every year, changing the city for good.
- $15 provides one flat of flowers that will be planted at a Chicago park, garden or school, creating a beautiful space for neighbors to convene.
- $25 provides one gallon of paint to help transform a school classroom, creating a more engaging learning environment.
- $50 funds one person’s participation at Serve-a-thon, empowering them to serve the community in a meaningful way.
- $75 provides the materials for a mural that volunteers and students will co-create for a Chicago Public School.
- $100 provides the materials to build a bench that community residents can enjoy for years to come at a park or garden.